Winterizing a yacht is a necessary task that comes along every year.
Keeping the interior, exterior, facilities and equipment in pristine condition can be especially important
for charter yachts and ensure they maintain their appeal. For a yacht on the sales market, regular winterization can help in securing
a higher sales price and a swifter sale.
Gulet Group offer fantastic winterization packages for all types of yachts.
This package is as extensive as you wish to make it and items may be added or taken off as neccessary.
╗ Winterization Package Options
• Service and winterise engine (s) for winter period
• Check alternator
• Check starter motor
• Lubricate all engine controls
• Remove injectors for service (refit on return)
• Service and winterise generator
• Pump out domestic fresh water tank (s) and drain water heater system
• Lay up W.C.
• Overhaul W.C
• Disconnect and remove batteries (we store the batteries during this period and trickle charge)
• Check all stern glands
• Check and lubricate steering system
• Service seacocks
• Lubricate transducers
• Check all underwater fittings and rudder hangings
• Check anchor cable
• Check cutlass bearings
• Service halyard and sheet winches
• Inspect and test rig hydraulics
• Check and renew cathodic protection
• Remove liferaft, send for service and replace onboard for return
• Gas system to be checked by Gas Safe Registered Engineer